If you have obtained a VET qualification in Australia and you want to apply and are eligible for the Subclass 485 Graduate Work Stream visa, then the Job Ready Program is for you. The program is administered by Trades Recognition Australia (TRA)
To be eligible, you must be an international student graduate who has studied in Australia at, and have received a qualification issued by, a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) which is registered under the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS).
Step 1 – The Provisional Skills Assessment (PSA)
To be eligible to apply for a PSA, you must have:
- held an international student visa to study in Australia
- a qualification relevant to an occupation assessed by TRA
- evidence of a minimum of 360 hours employment and/or a vocational placement relevant to your qualification and nominated occupation that was completed in an Australian workplace within three years prior to application.
A successful PSA Outcome forms part of your application to the Department on Immigration and Border Protection for a Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485).
Step 2 – Job Ready Employment (JRE)
To be eligible for JRE you must:
- have received a successful PSA outcome
- normally hold or have lodged an application for a 485 visa (TRA will consider some exceptions to this)
- have secured eligible employment
- have less than 4 months remaining on your student visa.
Once you start this process, you will be assigned a TRA Liaison Officer (TRA LO) who will assist you through the program. You must complete at least 1725 hours of paid employment in your nominated occupation over a minimum of 12 calendar months from your JRE start date (paid leave does not count). You will need to provide evidence of your pay for this work as well as maintain and complete a Job Ready Journal
Step 3 – Job Ready Workplace Assessment (JRWA)
When you have been in employment approved by TRA as suitable for JRE for a minimum of six months, you must undertake a JRWA.
The purpose of the JRWA is to determine whether you are operating at the required skill level for your nominated occupation.
To be eligible for a JRWA, you must provide:
- copies of pay evidence to substantiate you have been paid by your employer for at least 863 hours over a minimum of six months
- Job Ready Journal covering a minimum of six months of employment approved by TRA.
Step 4 – Job Ready Final Assessment (JRFA)
A successful JRFA outcome can be used as part of your application to the Department on Immigration and Border Protection for a General Skilled Migration permanent residence visa (Subclass 189, 190 or 489).
To be eligible to apply for a JRFA you must have:
- a successful Provisional Skills Assessment outcome
- a successful Job Ready Workplace Assessment outcome
and provided your TRA LO with:
- copies of payslips or other acceptable evidence to substantiate that you have been paid by your employer for at least 1725 hours over a minimum of 12 months (not including paid leave)
- Job Ready Journal covering a minimum of 12 months.
For detailed information on this program please read the Job Ready Guidelines available from TRA
Contact Us for more information