The Subclass 461 visa is for family members of New Zealand Citizens and is often applied for by spouses or defacto partners of New Zealand Citizens. It allows you to enter and/or stay in Australia for up to five years. This visa may be applied for whilst you are in Australia, in which case you must be in Australia when your visa is granted, or you can apply outside Australia, in which case you must be outside Australia when your visa is granted.
You may be eligible for this visa if:
- you are not be a New Zealand citizen
- you are a member of the family unit of a New Zealand citizen (such as a spouse or defacto partner*)
- your New Zealand citizen family member is living in Australia on a Special Category visa (subclass 444) or will be travelling with you to Australia and will be granted a Special Category visa (subclass 444) on arrival.
- you meet the health requirements for this visa
- you meet the character requirements for this visa
* there are also other types of eligible family members – contact us for more details
This is only a brief overview of the program and there are many matters to be taken into consideration. Our team of qualified migration professionals has helped many people migrate to Australia under this program and we can help you to understand if this pathway is right for you.
Contact Us now to get good advice on your visa options