Parent Visas

Many parents living overseas would like to migrate to Australia in order to be closer to their children.

Currently there are six classes of visa for parent migration to Australia. They are:

  • the contributory parent (temporary) visa (subclass 173) and the onshore contributory aged parent (temporary) visa (subclass 884); and
  • the contributory parent visa (subclass 143) and the onshore contributory aged parent visa (subclass 864); and
  • the parent visa (subclass 103) and the onshore aged parent visa (subclass 804).

How do they work?

All of these visas require that the applicant has a sponsor that is an Australian citizen, permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen who is settled in Australia. For most applicants, their child or child’s spouse will be their sponsor.

All applicants will also need to meet the balance-of-family test, which measures a family’s ties to Australia. An applicant parent will meet this requirement if at least half of their children live permanently in Australia, or more of their children live permanently in Australia than in any other country.

Our team of qualified migration professionals has helped many people migrate to Australia under these programs and we can help you to understand which of these pathways may be right for you.

Contact Us now to find out more

Call Now Button