Specialist Education Qualification

If you hold a Masters degree by research or a Doctorate degree from an Australian educational institution that included at least 2 academic years study  in a relevant field, you can gain an extra 10 points toward a Subclass 189, 190 or 491 Visa.

Your postgraduate degree by research (doctorate or masters) must be awarded from an Australian education institution after at least two academic years of study in the following science, technology, engineering, mathematics or specified information and communication technology (ICT) fields:

Natural and physical sciences

  • biological sciences
  • chemical sciences
  • earth sciences
  • mathematical sciences
  • natural and physical sciences
  • other natural and physical sciences
  • physics and astronomy

Information technology

  • computer science
  • information systems
  • information technology
  • other information technology

Engineering and related technologies

  • aerospace engineering and technology
  • civil engineering
  • electrical and electronic engineering and technology
  • engineering and related technologies
  • geomatics engineering
  • manufacturing engineering and technology
  • maritime engineering and technology
  • mechanical and industrial engineering and technology
  • other engineering and related technologies
  • process and resources engineering.

To determine whether your qualification is eligible, see the CRICOS website.


Call Now Button